Find the right membership for you:
You might be an Independent Financial Adviser, a Financial Planner, a Financial Coach, a Para-Planner, or anyone interested in Financial Wellbeing.
The benefits of membership include:
- A meeting point to explore and promote financial wellbeing
- Learn about money and happiness
- Attend regional and national events
- Join in and instigate research
- Help turn the research into tools you can use
- Opportunities to provide financial education
- The opportunity to influence the future of financial advice
The cost is just £10 plus VAT per month. To join click here.
It is our intention to develop a tiered structure for Partner Members, based upon the chosen level of engagement, balanced against the level of contribution, as described below.
The basic package that a Partner Member is offered is:
- Use of the IFW logo
- Visibility on the IFW website
- Ability to participate in Regional meetings
- Access to research findings
From there as a Partner you may choose those activities that you wish to engage with and a bespoke package is developed and a contribution agreed upon, such as:
- The ability to fund and engage with research projects
- To deliver co-branded IFW content/webinars
- Survey IFW members
- Exhibit and sponsor at IFW conference
- Access to IFW learning programmes
- Speak at the IFW conference
- Consultancy on product development or embedding financial wellbeing in your business
- Deliver workplace wellbeing workshops
- Participate in the development of new financial planning tools
- Opportunities to support IFW e.g. provide meeting space for regional meetings
- Produce co-branded blogs and content
- Develop co-marketing communications plan
Please get in touch with us to discuss what you want from your membership, and we will tailor a package to suit you. Learn more
To view IFW Partner Members please click here.
Accredited Practice Member
The IFW has a wealth of content from presentations to podcasts to articles that highlight and explain the what and how of Financial Wellbeing. If your organisation would like the opportunity to access IFW branded content for your own delivery and to display the IFW logo, then the Accredited Practice membership could be for you.
The benefits of membership include:
- Access to IFW workplace wellbeing workshops on a per use or agreed usage basis
- Ability to use IFW logo
- Listed as Accredited Practice Member on IFW website
Accredited Practice Members will be required to pass the IFW audit; see details here.
IFW research members are Universities and academic institutions. Joining as a research member provides you with:
- The ability to take part in & deliver research
- Access to National & regional speaking opportunities
- Access to research announcements
- The ability to exhibit Nationally & regionally
- Access to member survey data
- The opportunity to place content in the IFW monthly newsletter
- A listing as Research Partner on IFW website / Ability to use IFW logo
To view IFW Research Members please click here.
We appreciate that there will be some firms who are in start-up mode who will want to support our work but are currently unable to pay the required membership fees.
If you are a start-up that is committed to the principles of Financial Wellbeing, we can offer you the opportunity to engage with us as an Associate Member, which will enable you to get involved now, with the promise to commit to Partner Membership within 6 months.
This membership level provides you with:
- Free membership for 6 months (IFW retains the option to extend / cancel this offer)
- Listed as Associate Member on IFW website
- Ability to use IFW logo (subject to passing the Application Process)
- Attend regional and other events to discuss wellbeing
- Potential to offer discounts on products and services to IFW members
Associate Members will be required to complete the IFW Associate Member Application Process, see details here.
Principles by which Partner Members must abide
We want Membership of the IFW to mean something. A company accepted as a Member of the IFW should be seen as a company which is committed to making wellbeing integral to their business. We therefore want firms who actively promote wellbeing both internally and externally.
We also want firms who aspire to this. We want firms who might teach us a thing or two about wellbeing, as well as those who are willing to learn.
In order to become a Member therefore, a firm must explain how financial wellbeing aligns with their brand values. Then they must prove it.
We will provide a series of questions and tests for a firm to complete. This methodology (designed by wellbeing measurement experts Happy City) is published on our website here.
Firms who pass this assessment will then be invited to join as a Partner Member or Associate Member.
IFW Audit Review
For those firms who wish to use IFW content for their own delivery and to display the IFW logo, we assess whether a firm is practicing financial wellbeing principles by asking you to assess the various aspects of the business against accepted research on the topics of money and happiness and provide evidence where requested.
The assessment looks at three areas of the business:
Part 1: The Service Proposition
Part 2: Training and competence
Part 3: Employee Wellbeing
We will respond when we have assessed your submission. Assuming a pass, we will then provide the IFW logo for you to use on your website
We request that firms wishing to become Accredited Practice Members and Corporate Members must complete and pass the Audit.
The cost of the Audit is £400.00 plus vat pa with a £250.00 renewal fee.
For further details of the Audit Review process, please enquire now.
The initiative will be member-led. We’d love to hear from individuals and organisations who would like to get involved.